3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

3Dio cracking and audio distortions

• I've had this mic for maybe a year and never had distortions this bad. I was changing the battery because the quality of the mic started decreasing (something that happens once every 3-4 months maybe) and when I plugged the new battery in, it start crackling and popping when I wasnt even touching it. I replaced the battery again and replaced the cable but neither of them solved the problem.

im using trs to dual ts cable and focusrite scarlet 2i2 3rd gen for the audio interface. Im not using phantom power because im using the 3Dio model that doesnt support that.

• Hi @Aria Laca,

I'm sorry to hear your mic is having issues.

Can you please share an audio/video clip of the distortion you're experiencing so we can hear what you're hearing? Also, have you tried a different cable?

Did the issue start after replacing the battery?

Any more information you can provide would be helpful.

Thank you,

~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care

• Thanks for responding Brian! Yes the issue started after replacing the battery. I replaced the cable before i posted here trying to fix the distortions however it didn't work. I ordered new 9v batteries and those seemed to fix the main issue that I was trying to fix but ive also got a slight distortion in the right ear sometimes link (audio recording)  I dont use a mic stand and im thinking that might be an issue? if so, what mic stands do you recommend? 

edit: link (audio recording) if you wish to know what it sounded like before I replaced the battery

• Hi @Aria Laca,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Thank you for the audio recordings. That is very helpful.

The lack of a microphone stand should not cause the static sound you're hearing. It sounds like there may be an issue with your mic, so we'd like to have you send it in for a free diagnostic check (and repair if needed).

Please send us an email at customercare@3diosound.com and we'll arrange to get your mic working again!

Best regards,
    ~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care