3Dio Support Forum

Welcome to our new forum! If you have a question, we've got an answer.
Login to post a new question or topic.

Connect headphones to record ASMR

• Hi, I am going to use my 3Dio with a Canon camera to record ASMR, how can I connect headphones to listen when I am recording? Do I need to connect them to the camera? Do I need a special cable? 
    Thank you very much! 

Antonella

• Hi @Antonella Yacante,

Thank you for your question.

Typically, Canon camera's have both an external mic input as well as a headphone output. Therefore, you should be able to monitor the audio using the headphone output of your camera. We recommend checking the product manual of your camera to see whether your camera has this feature.

Another option is to record the audio from the 3Dio separately from the audio of your camera. To do this, you'll need a digital recorder of some kind or an audio interface with a computer. Once you've recorded your content, you can simply sync the audio and video in post production. For more information about this process, check out this post here: https://3diosound.com/community/forum/topic/37178/sound-and-video-need-software-to-merge-the-2-together

I hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
    ~Brian
    3Dio Customer Care